Keeping cool in Palm Spring isn't an easy thing to do but a trip to Wet 'n Wild is a satisfying way to try! With a wave action pool, multiple slides in a variety of thrill levels, the Pacific Spin (best ride on site!), a lazy river and a beach house full of water activities, Wet 'n Wild is a great family destination.
In addition to the water fun, Dive-in Movies are played on Friday nights during the summer, starting on July 7.
You'll find plenty of food options, at amusement park prices, Dippin' Dots, Funnel Cakes, Italian Ice and a full service bar for the grown-ups! If you are making a full day of it, consider renting a cabana because shaded seating goes quickly!
Finally, if you forget sunscreen or break your flip flops, you can purchase items in the Wipeout Surf Shop.
A few tips to make your day adventure more fun:
- Wear flip flops. The ground is super hot. Just take them off and wear them on your wrist when on a slide.
- Bring plenty of water and DRINK it! It is easy to get dehydrated in the desert sun.
- If your child has Type 1 Diabetes, Celiac or other diseases that require a special diet, check in with guest services before entering. We've never had a problem bringing in food for our daughter with T1D and Celiac. We have also purchased a burger as a lettuce wrap and she didn't have any problems with contamination as the burgers are made outside on the grill and don't come near any other food items.
- There is a first aid station if you need any help in that regard. We went in for medical tape to hold on our daughter's Omnipod. The lifeguard that helped us was super nice.
- If you want to save money on food, bring a cooler with your lunch and leave it in the car. You can get your hand stamped and eat lunch by your car then return for more fun.
- Reapply sunscreen throughout the day, wear your sunnies and a hat to protect you from the intense desert sun.
- If you live close enough to benefit from a season pass, I recommend it. With each season pass you buy, you get one free friend day pass so your kids can bring a friend after June 1.
- Mother's Day and Father's Day often have specials, like Moms get in free. Sign-up for their newsletter or follow Wet 'n Wild on social media to see the deals.
- Finally, check the website...there are a bunch of "school days" coming up in May and June, which means there will be bus loads of kids at the park. Plan according to your level of patience.
We've been coming to Wet 'n Wild for years. We took last summer off from being season passholders but are excited to spend some time at the park again this summer. We hope you enjoy your adventure at the water park too! Let us know how you like it!